At Charles C. Brandt, we believe that our three-pronged "Blueprint for Success" enables us to approach each project prepared to maintain the highest level of quality and client satisfaction, delivering a successful project to our clients time and time again.
PREPARE | UNDERSTAND + COMMUNICATE
- Assemble the team
- Walk the job site; evaluate site logistics
- Review construction documents
- Assess options
- Identify potential long-lead items
- Bid the job based on qualified subcontractor proposals
- Estimation of self-performed work
- Facilitate pre-construction meetings (enables all involved parties to clearly communicate intended use of completed facility goals, client value options and overall project approach as a team.)
- Review job-site safety; assess potential hazards- safety always comes first at Charles C. Brandt
- Establish rapport with building managers and building engineers
The team: It is important to have a team of professionals interested in achieving the goals set forth for your project from the very beginning: The Client, Contractor, Designer/Architect
Team Member Responsibilities: Throughout the entire process, we will act as your advocate; always keeping the project costs up to date as changes in the design surface. We are responsible for giving the client and architect information on cost, as well as how it will impact constructability and the schedule of the project. The architect should be responsible for the look and function of the space. With information from both the designer and the contractor, the client should be responsible for evaluating whether those design features and elements are of value to them.
We are on your side: Along with the bids, we will offer recommendations regarding which contractors are best suited for the project. Charles C. Brandt Construction prepares budgets for review. Final costs are then determined in a team meeting. The "Guaranteed Maximum Price" is established using the costs developed during the bidding process.
We all have to be on the same page: Subcontractors are then prepared to clearly communicate the role each trade will take in the completion of the project. Coordination and scheduling of work will also be communicated.
Let's go: Construction begins as soon as the State and City building approvals are obtained. Physical work on site can be done prior to the establishment of the final "not-to-exceed" price, dependent on project time constraints. Construction continues toward rapid completion. Any changes required during the actual construction are added or deducted as required.
PERFORM | PASSION + PRIDE
From interior finish to ground-up construction, Charles C Brandt Construction guarantees satisfaction through consistent performance and accountability. To keep the project on track, we will:
- Mobilize the job site
- Review the schedule and update the client weekly
- Conduct weekly construction meetings with the project team to review action items and maintain open communication
- Coordinate with architect and owner through request(s) for information (RFIs)
- Maintain job site safety - safety is always FIRST at Charles C Brandt
- Maintain contact with building management, engineers, and security
- Keep a clean job site. - We are known for this. "A clean job site is a safe job site."
ACHIEVE | ATTAIN + EXCEED
We take pride in our work and have a passion for attaining our client's goals. As your project draws closer to completion, we will:
- Start pre-punch lists
- Compile accurate close-out documents
- Complete the project on time and within budget
- Charles C. Brandt does not consider your project complete until we have exceeded expectations. We believe that success is not achieved at 100 percent.
- In order to surpass the status quo, at the end of the project, we will:
- Walk the job with both the tenant and architect and complete the punch list
- Create trust and excellent client focus that gives our clients a reason to come back to CCB
- Do everything within our power to make each client a client for life.
- Walk the project at the one-year anniversary of completion to assess client needs.